Obstetrics Visitor Info
You can celebrate the excitement and anticipation of bringing your little one into the world with sharing baby’s arrival with those who matter most. For many new mothers, introducing a new little one to family and close friends is an important part
of their delivery experience. Take comfort in knowing that Piedmont provides the space and amenities to help every family bond together and make memories for life.
- During labor, visitors may wait in the women’s tower lobby where they can relax as they await the arrival of your special delivery. Hospital lobby and waiting areas feature rocking chairs, sofas, televisions, wireless internet and vending machines.
- Husbands or significant others may remain overnight in labor/delivery rooms or Family Care Suite.
- Visitors ages 12 years and older must be siblings of the newborn in order to visit in the delivery room; other children are not permitted. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- "No Visitors” signs are available upon request at the nurses’ station.
- Maternity Patients:
- Labor and Delivery:
- Up to 3 visitors at a time will be allowed, ages 12 and above
- Up to 3 visitors at a time will be allowed, ages 12 and above except for siblings accompanied by a parent
- Nursery and NICU:
- Up to 2 designated visitors will be allowed
Relax…Awaiting in Comfort
Center can enjoy lounges conveniently located on the ground and first floors of the women’s tower. Lounges feature televisions, free Wi-Fi and comfortable seating. Calmly await or share in the excitement of your loved one’s special delivery
as you relax in rocking chairs located in the first floor lobby.
From Mom and New Baby Basics to Fresh Flowers, Gifts and Snacks
At the Piedmont Medical Center gift shop, located at the ground floor of the women's tower, visitors can find special gifts, treats and cards or order fresh flower arrangements to be delivered to new moms during their stay. In addition, new mothers and
visitors can purchase toiletries and additional comfort items for their hospital stay.
For questions about products offered or to order a flower arrangement for a new mother, please contact us.
Hours: Mon. – Sun., 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Piedmont Medical Center Food and Vending Options
Vending machines are located in the waiting area on the 1st floor. The Piedmont Café is located on the 1st floor of the main hospital tower and is open seven days a week. Hot meals are available during the following hours:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
During other hours, refrigerated boxed meals are available in the cafeteria. A vending area is located next to the cafeteria and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.