Comprehensive Women’s Health Care for Every Stage of Life
Piedmont Medical Center is committed to providing compassionate, high-quality care that is focused on maintaining health through prevention during every stage of a woman’s life.
- From obstetrics and maternity to routine breast screening and gynecological care, our comprehensive health services are as individualized as the women who benefit from them.
- PMC provides patients access to some of the most advanced technology, including 3D mammography (breast tomosynthesis) and minimally invasive surgical techniques such as Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS™).
We are dedicated to providing the most advanced women’s treatment with a patient-centered approach.
Advanced Care for Women’s Health
Learn more about why so many patients choose Piedmont Medical Center for women’s health.
We offer advanced technology including:
- 3D Mammography, 16-slice CT, PET Scan, and the da Vinci Robotic system
- Bone density testing
- Gynecological surgical services
- Level III Neonatal intensive care unit that allows us to provide advanced medical treatments for babies born as early as 24 weeks.
Access to specialists in areas including:
- Radiology and Imaging
- Obstetrics and gynecology for women of all ages
- Newborn care for high-risk
Gynecological Surgical Services
At Piedmont Medical Center, we believe in providing compassionate, high-quality, women’s care.
- Our highly-trained experts are specialized in treating gynecologic conditions utilizing minimally invasive techniques and advanced technologies.
- Whether you need a routine exam or a highly complex surgery, our gynecologic services are designed to fit each woman’s unique lifestyle needs.
Hysterectomy: 2nd Most Common Surgery for Women
More than 600,000 hysterectomies are performed in the U.S. each year; it is now the second most common surgery for women of reproductive age.
- A doctor may recommend this surgery for several reasons including fibroid tumors, endometriosis, or cancer.
- If you are considering a hysterectomy, you may want to speak to your doctor about whether you are a candidate for SILS™, and how other hysterectomy options compare.
SILS™ Hysterectomy at Piedmont Medical Center
Piedmont Medical Center is proud to offer York County residents one of the newest advancements in laparoscopic hysterectomy: Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS™). This new form of laparoscopic surgery has the potential to shorten
the recovery time and leave almost no visible scar when compared to other hysterectomy procedures.