Surgical Weight Loss
Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
If you have tried traditional weight loss methods and failed to see lasting results, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery.
Bariatric weight loss surgery can offer significant health benefits and effective long-term weight loss, and Piedmont can help you with that process. Not only can serious health conditions be improved and even eliminated, your emotional well-being and quality of life can change dramatically for the better.
Lose the Weight and Gain Yourself Back
Our board-certified bariatric surgeons at Piedmont Medical Center help you achieve the results you deserve. Our program includes:
- Our team of highly experienced surgeons has performed more than 1,000 minimally invasive surgical weight loss procedures, including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding (LAP-BAND®), and sleeve gastrectomy or vertical sleeve gastrectomy.
- The Piedmont Medical Center offers a comprehensive approach to weight loss with a proven record of successful outcomes and superior care.
- Through a combination of state-of-the-art surgical techniques, education, exercise, and support our weight loss specialists can help you reclaim your health and lose weight quickly.
We have performed thousands of bariatric weight loss surgeries that are not only minimally invasive, but also very effective in long-term management of weight. Surgical treatment options may include:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass – This surgical procedure is very effective for individuals with a BMI equal to or greater than 45. The surgery can be performed as a laparoscopic procedure to quicken the recovery process and to help the patient get back to their daily life as early as possible.
- Adjustable Gastric Banding – This is a reversible weight loss surgery which restricts the size of the stomach to help an individual lose weight. It’s one of the safest weight loss surgeries available today and is effective is restricting calories intake by the patient.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery – Just like adjustable gastric banding, gastric-sleeve surgery shrinks the size of stomach and hence help an individual lose weight by limiting their calorie intake.
Aside from the everyday physical affects of being obese such as fatigue and discomfort, obesity is the underlying cause of Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. Not to mention the emotional affects obesity can have on a person’s outlook on life and themselves.
Why Choose Piedmont Medical Center?
Piedmont Medical Center offers comprehensive weight management and weight loss services to support patients on their journey to wellness. Whether you’re looking for a permanent obesity solution or you want to make small adjustments in your dietary habits, our weight loss specialists and bariatric surgeons can assist you with all your weight loss needs. Our program includes:
- Board-Certified Bariatric Surgeons – Piedmont Medical Center works with a multi-disciplinary team of board-certified bariatric surgeons, compassionate nurses, experienced nutritionists, and other healthcare professionals who specialize in providing bariatric care to the patients.
- Complete Weight Loss Program – Piedmont provides comprehensive weight loss services tailored to meet your specific weight loss goals. From expert dietary advice to surgical weight loss care, our weight loss program provides you the support and care you need to win your weight loss battle.
- FREE Educational Activities – At Piedmont, we believe in helping people gain better control of their weight and health by providing them all the information they need to make a well-informed health-related decision. We arrange free surgical weight loss seminars, led by our board-certified surgeons and nurses who provide you expert healthcare advice and guidance.