Piedmont Medical Center Launches New Biplane Neurological SuiteAug 31, 2020
Rock Hill, SC – Piedmont Medical Center is pleased to announce the launch of its new biplane Neurological Suite and the procurement of new technology.
The new, advanced Biplane Angiography Suite features the ARTIS Icono biplane, designed for use in a wide range of interventional therapies. Through this technology, clinicians can visualize vessels at multiple time points thanks to advanced imaging capabilities.
“Interventional Neurology is an advanced surgical treatment for complex brain and spinal cord vascular diseases that is performed from inside the blood vessels,” said Mark Nosacka, chief executive officer of Piedmont Medical Center. “This biplane suite enables our well-trained staff to provide minimally-invasive, cutting edge services that were not previously available. This investment is a testament to our commitment to providing high-quality care in York County.”
“The Biplane Suite, along with neuroangiography software systems enable us to operate with greater accuracy, which is essential to intervention in sensitive neurological procedures,” said Dr. Ryan Gianatasio, Medical Director of Piedmont’s Neurosciences Program. “This new technology is able to take simultaneous images from two angles, thus reducing the amount of contrast dye and radiation needed.”
Some of the procedures performed at our hospital are:
- Coil embolization of ruptured and unruptured brain aneurysms
- Mechanical endovascular clot removal for acute stroke
- Intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke
- Pre-operative embolization of vascular malformations of the brain and spine
- Pre-operative embolization of intracranial and spine tumors
- Carotid stent and angioplasty
- Intracranial angioplasty and stent placement
- Dural venous sinus stent/venoplasty
- Diagnostic cerebral angiogram
- Diagnostic spinal angiogram