Piedmont Medical Center has been serving York and surrounding counties for 27 years. Piedmont is a comprehensive medical center, offering patients everything from advanced heart and stroke care to specialized women and children’s services. Piedmont’s mission is to provide high quality health care services in a caring and financially responsible manner to residents of York County and surrounding communities.
- Piedmont is proud to offer high quality medical services close to home. Piedmont has a team of 10 experts who are solely devoted to monitoring and improving clinical quality at our hospital.
- Piedmont’s rate for care of heart attack patients is 98% which is better or equal to U.S., North Carolina and South Carolina averages. (Joint Commission Core Measures)
- Piedmont’s rate for care of patients with pneumonia is 93%, which is better or equal to U.S., North Carolina and South Carolina averages. (Joint Commission Core Measures)
- Piedmont’s rate for overall heart failure is 98%, which is better than U.S., North Carolina and South Carolina averages. (Joint Commission Core Measures)
- Piedmont had zero deaths related to heart surgery in 2008. Compare that to an average mortality rate of 1.7% for post-surgical heart surgery patients and a 2.1% rate for operative heart surgery patients in similar hospitals nationwide. (Society of Thoracic Surgeons)
- Piedmont has a zero rate of Surgical Site Infections (SSI) for the following procedures: Spinal Fusion, Hip Prosthesis, Abdominal Hysterectomy and Vaginal Hysterectomy. (South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Dec2008-Nov2009)
Powerful Medicine, Made Personal...
- Piedmont received the South Carolina Distinguished Hospital of the Year Award for significant quality contributions for patients with cardiovascular disease and stroke. (American Heart Association/Department of Health and Environmental Control, 2010)
- We are ranked #3 in South Carolina for Overall Pulmonary Services. (HealthGrades, 2010)
- Piedmont was named a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Cardiac Care in 2010 by BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina for clinical quality and outstanding patient outcomes.
- Our hospital was awarded the Gold Performance Award for Heart Failure and the Silver Performance Award for Coronary Artery Disease by the American Heart Association in 2010.