Piedmont Medical Center opened in 1983 at 222 South Herlong Avenue in Rock Hill. Our name was selected from approximately 376 names submitted by local residents during a county-wide contest to name the facility. Since 1983, Piedmont has continued to expand its campus and services with the goal of meeting the health care needs of York, Chester and Lancaster county areas. The medical staff has increased from 52 in 1981 to more than 325.
The 288-bed Piedmont Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, licensed by the state of South Carolina and approved for the acceptance of Medicare patients.
- The Joint Commission
- Department of Health and Human Services
- College of American Pathologist
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American College of Radiology
- Mammography Quality Standards Acts